What Should You Wear To An 80s-themed Party, Male?
If you’re planning to attend an 80s-themed party as a man, there are plenty of options for attire that can allow you to blend in with the decade’s style. A popular choice is to choose the classic rock style. It could be as simple as tight leather or jeans, a band t-shirt and leather jacket, and some studded accessories such as belts or bracelets. It is also possible to consider spiking your hair or attaching a bandana for an additional touch of the 80s.
Another way to dress for an 80s-themed party is to go for the popular preppy look of the decade. This can be done with pastel or khaki trousers, a casual polo with the collar raised, and a sweater tucked in a knot around your neck. It is also possible to wear loafers or shoes with a boat motif to complete the style. Make sure to include some Wayfarer sunglasses to truly convey the spirit of that 1980s fashion.
If you’re feeling daring, you can also consider wearing that Miami Vice look that the television show with the identical name popularized. It could be as simple as wearing a pastel-colored suit, underwear, a t-shirt, and some aviator sunglasses. You can also wear an all-white blazer or sports coat to complete the outfit. Make sure you are ready to make heads turn and have a blast by wearing this bold look.
Researching and Planning Your Outfit
The process of planning and researching your outfit for a party in the 80s is a pleasurable and exciting experience, but it can be a bit daunting if you aren’t sure where to begin. For help getting started with your fashion journey through the 80s, here are some suggestions and tricks to consider while planning your outfit:
How Can You Learn More About and Gain Ideas for Your 80s Style?
The first step to planning your 80s-themed party attire is to study and collect inspiration. There are a variety of methods to accomplish this, such as:
- TV and movies from the 1980s: Watching movies and TV shows from the 1980s can provide a glimpse of the popular fashion styles and trends of the decade. Some of the most popular 80s films and television series are “The Breakfast Club,” “Back to the Future,” “Miami Vice,” and “Dynasty.”
- Reviewing fashion magazines from the 1980s: Magazines of fashion from the 1980s, such as Vogue and Harper’s Bazaar, can provide many ideas for your style. There are back issues of the magazines on the internet or at the local library.
- Browse online: There are a variety of sites and social media accounts that are dedicated to the fashion of the 1980s, like Pinterest, Instagram, and Etsy. These sites can be an excellent source of inspiration and assist you in finding the specific products you are seeking.
Tips to Plan Your Outfit in Advance
Once you’ve collected some ideas and know what you’d like to put on, it’s time to plan your outfit. Here are some suggestions to remember:
- Begin early: Do not delay until the last minute to plan your outfit. You should allow yourself ample time to study or shop, and then make any needed changes to your outfit.
- Consider what dress codes are required: Be sure to know the event’s dress code and dress accordingly. If it’s an informal event, you might be able to make it by wearing a basic T-shirt and a pair of jeans. If you’re attending a formal occasion, you might need an appropriate dress or blazer.
- Mix, mix, and match: Don’t be scared to mix and match various styles and fashions of the 1980s. For instance, you could wear a leather jacket from the 80s with acid-washed jeans or neon sneakers.
- Don’t forget to add accessories: Accessories were a major element of fashion in the 80s, so make sure you include them in your outfit. The most popular accessories of the decade were glasses, chunky jewelry, and caps.
Knowing the dress code for the occasion
The most crucial aspect to consider when planning your 80s-themed party attire will be the party’s attire. While some 80s-themed parties might be more casual in their dress code, others might require a certain level of formality. Here are a few common dress codes for 80s-themed parties:
- Casual: The casual dress code usually allows more casual clothing like graphic t-shirts, sneakers, and jeans.
- Business casual: A casual business dress code could require formal attire, including an oversized button-up shirt or khakis.
- Formal: An official dress code usually calls for the wearer to wear a suit, blazer, or dress shirt with dress shoes and a tie.
It is important to know the dress code of the occasion and plan your outfit according to it. If you’re unsure of your dress code, don’t hesitate to ask the host or event organizer to clarify.
Clothing Options for Men
If you’re looking to dress to impress at an 80s celebration, there are plenty of choices for men’s clothing. The 1980s were famous for their vibrant and bold fashions, from graphic t-shirts to acid-wash jeans to large jackets and parachute pants. Here are a few options for clothing that men should consider when planning their 80s dress code:
Tops and shirts to wear for an 80s-themed party
Tops and shirts were the most popular aspect of fashion in the 1980s, and various styles were available. The most popular choices for men include:
- Graphic T-shirts: Graphic t-shirts featuring vibrant, vivid designs were the norm in 1980s fashion. You can find t-shirts featuring retro band names, logos, or pop-culture references.
- Polo shirt: Polo shirts were a fashion choice for men during the 1980s. Find shirts with striking stripes or vibrant colors.
- Button-up shirt: Button-ups were popular during the 1980s. Find shirts with bright colors or bold designs, such as Hawaiian and floral prints.
Bottoms and Pants for the 80s-themed Party
In terms of trousers and bottoms, men had various choices in the 1980s. The most popular options include:
- Jeans with acid-washed stains: The acid-wash jeans of the 80s were a popular choice in the fashion of the 80s. Choose jeans with an easy wash and a worn-out, faded appearance.
- Baggy trousers: Baggy trousers, like cargo pants or parachute pants, were very popular in the 1980s. Find pants that have a loose, comfortable fit.
- Shorts were also in fashion during the 1980s, particularly for casual occasions. Choose shorts that have bright prints or vibrant colors.
Blazers and Jackets for the 80s Dance Party
Blazers and jackets were a major element of fashion in the 1980s. There were many different styles to pick from. Men’s top choices include:
- The leather jacket: Jackets made of leather were the norm in the 1980s, particularly for casual looks. Choose jackets that have an edgy, vibrant liner or a worn, distressed appearance.
- Denim jackets: Denim jackets were also preferred for men in the 1980s. Find jackets that have an easy wash or a worn, distressed appearance.
- Blazers that are too big: Oversized Blazers were a fashion item during the 1980s, specifically for formal looks. Find blazers in vivid colorscolours or strong prints.
Accessories for men
Accessories were an integral part of the fashions of the 80s for males and are the focal point of an 80s party outfit. From neon-colored sunglasses to chunky jewelry, there are various options. Here are a few popular accessories for guys to think about when putting together their 80s-inspired party attire:
Caps and hats to wear for the 80s-themed party
Caps and hats were the most popular fashion accessory of the 1980s, and numerous styles were available. The most popular choices for men include:
- Snapback caps: Snapback caps with striking, colorful designs were very popular in the 1980s. Find hats that feature retro logos or pop-culture references.
- Hats for truckers: Hats for trucks were a fashion choice for men during the 1980s. Choose hats with vibrant colors or bold patterns.
- Kangol caps: Kangol caps, which were made popular by the rapper LL Cool J, were the most popular fashion item of the 80s. You should look for hats with vibrant colors or graphic designs.
Sunglasses and eyewear for the 80s-themed party
Eyewear and sunglasses were an essential part of 80s fashion, and there were various options. Men’s popular eyewear styles include:
- Colorful sunglasses with neon hues: The neon-coloured glasses were popular in the 80s style. Choose glasses with vibrant green, pink, or yellow frames.
- Aviator glasses were a hit during the 1980s, specifically for casual looks. Choose sunglasses with reflective lenses.
- Glasses with clear lenses: Crystal clear glasses, also called “geek glasses,” were fashionable in the 1980s. You should look for glasses that have a thick black frame.
Watches and jewelry for the 80s-themed Party
Watches and jewelry were an integral element of fashion in the 1980s for males, and various styles were available. The most well-known options are:
- Necklaces with a chunky design: Chunky necklaces like chain and leather cord necklaces were extremely popular during the 1980s.
- Earrings: Earrings were popular during the 80s, specifically for guys who were part of the punk and new wave scene. Choose hoop earrings or stud earrings.
- The Watch: Watches were a key accessory during the 80s, with various kinds to pick from. Find watches with an attractive, vibrant band or with a digital display.
Shoes for men
When dressing for an 80s-themed party, footwear is essential to your outfit. In the 1980s, shoes varied from athletic footwear to formal shoes, with bright colors and striking designs as a typical theme. Here are some of the most popular male shoe styles to think about when they put together their 80s-themed party attire:
Athletic Shoes and Sneakers for the 80s-era Party
Athletic shoes and sneakers were the most popular footwear for males in the 1980s. There were a variety of styles available. The most popular styles include:
- Sneakers with high-end designs: High-top sneakers that sport striking colors and designs were a hit in the 80s. Find sneakers that have flashy accents and retro-style logos.
- Shoes for running: Shoes with vibrant colors and striking designs were popular in the 1980s. Choose shoes with vibrant colors like blue, pink, and green.
- Shoes for basketball: The basketball shoe was a common feature of the 1980s, particularly to create a casual style. Choose shoes with high-top designs and striking colors like black or red.
Shoes for the dress and loafers for the 80s-themed celebration
Although athletic shoes were popular in the 1980s, dress shoes and loafers were typical options for men. The most well-known options are:
- Loafers: Loafers in bright colors and bold prints were very popular in the 1980s. Find loafers that have straps or a tassel to create a formal appearance.
- Wingtips: Wingtips in two-tone designs were very popular in the 80s, particularly for more formal looks.
- Dress boots: Boots for dresses featuring a high-top style with a pointed toe were also fashionable in the 1980s. You should look for boots that have glossy finishes or a snakeskin pattern.
High Tops and Boots for an 80s-themed Party
High tops and boots were a popular choice of shoes for guys in the 1980s. A few of the most popular choices include:
- Combat-style boots: Combat boots that had a solid sole as well as a lace-up style were very fashionable in the 80s, particularly to create a punk or grunge-inspired look.
- Shoes for workers: Work boots with a steel-toe style were fashionable in the 1980s. Find boots with a chunky sole as well as a lacing-up style.
- High-top shoes: High-top shoes with an extravagant look were the standard of 80s style. Find shoes that have bright colours, like neon pink or green, or feature a retro logo.
Hair and Makeup for Men
Makeup and hair might not appear to be the primary thoughts that pop into your mind when you think of an 80s-themed party dress for men. However, they are an essential aspect of the overall style. The 1980s were famous for their distinctive hairstyles and makeup styles, ranging from voluminous, big hair to striking, vibrant makeup. Here are some ideas, as well as ideas for hairstyles and makeup tips for men attending an 80s-themed event:
Hairstyles for the 80s Party
Hairstyles played a major role in fashion in the 1980s for women and men, and there were a myriad of hairstyles to pick from. Men’s popular hairstyles include:
- Mullet: The mullet was a popular hairstyle for men during the 1980s. It is characterized by short hair on the sides and top and long hair at the back.
- The spiky hair: Hair with spikes was also popular for men during the 1980s. You can find hair gel or mousse that can allow you to achieve a spiky, textured appearance.
- Big hair: A big, full-bodied hairstyle was fashionable in the 80s, particularly for rockers or the new wave scene. Find products that will give you an even more full, textured appearance.
Makeup for the 80s-themed party
The makeup style may not have been the most common for males at a party in the 1980s. However, it is an enjoyable and innovative method of enhancing your appearance. The most popular trends in makeup from the 1980s include:
- Bold eyeshadows: Vibrant and bold eyeshadow was a hit in the 1980s, particularly for guys who were part of the new wave movement. You should look for eyeshadows with bright shades, like blue or purple. Pink.
- Eyeliner: Eyeliner was also a fashion choice for males during the 1980s, specifically for those who wanted a bolder look. Choose a dark or black eyeliner and apply it to the lower lash line.
- Lipstick: Lipsticks were not as popular for males in the 1980s. However, adding a dash of color to your outfit is a great option. Choose vibrant, bold colors like pink or red.
Accessories for Makeup and Hair
Accessories are also fun ways to improve your hair and makeup for an 80s-themed party. A few of the most sought-after accessories include:
- Headbands were a popular accessory in the 1980s, particularly for those with long hair. Find headbands that have vibrant colors or bold designs.
- Scrunchies: Scrunchies also became popular during the 1980s, specifically for those with long hair. Find scrunchies with vibrant colors or bold designs.
- Barrettes and hair clips: Barrettes and hair clips with a metallic or vibrant appearance were popular during the 1980s, particularly for males with shorter hair.
80s Men’s Fashion Summer
The summer months are a wonderful occasion to showcase your style of the 1980s for males. The 1980s were renowned for their vibrant and bold fashions, and there were a variety of styles that were appropriate for summertime. Here are some suggestions and ideas for 80s-inspired men’s fashions for the summer months:
Tops and shirts to wear in the summer
Tops and shirts are a crucial part of any summer ensemble. There were a variety of 80s-inspired styles that were ideal for the summer season. The most popular choices for men include:
- Tank tops: Tank tops with striking designs or bright colors were fashionable during the 1980s and were particularly popular for creating a casual style.
- Hawaiian shirt: Hawaiian shirts featuring bold prints were a common feature of the 80s and are great for a summertime party or barbecue.
- Polo shirt: Polo shirts that feature striking stripes or bright colors were popular in the 80s, and they’re an excellent option for a formal summer celebration.
Bottoms and shorts to wear in the summer
In the case of bottoms and shorts, men had numerous choices during the 1980s. The most popular options include:
- The board shorts: Board shorts in vivid colors or patterns were popular during the 80s, particularly to wear on a day on the beach.
- Denim shorts: Denim shorts that have distressed and worn-in styles were also very popular in the 80s and are an excellent choice to wear casually in summer.
- Khaki shorts: Khaki shorts were also a fashion choice for men during the 1980s, specifically for formal summer gatherings.
Accessories and sunglasses for the for summer
Accessories are a crucial component of any 80s-inspired outfit. There were many different options for men in the summertime. A few of the most sought-after accessories are:
- Sunglasses: Sunglasses with a striking, colorful design were a hit during the 80s and are a must-have accessory for every summer ensemble. Choose sunglasses that have neon frames or reflective lenses.
- The hat: The hat was also popular in the 80s, particularly for days on the beach or a summertime party. Find hats that have bright colors or striking designs.
- Jewellery: Jewelry, with numerous designs, was a major aspect of 80s fashion for males. Choose chunky necklaces or bracelets that have a striking and vibrant style.
Which fashion trends from the 1980s are enduring?
The 80s were known for striking and splendid tones, larger than usual dress, and adornments like neon leg warmers, headbands, and fanny packs. Punk, new wave, and preppy were popular fashions.
What should I wear to a party with an 80s theme?
For a 80s-themed party, you can wear different outfits relying upon your own style and inclination. Acid-washed jeans, a graphic t-shirt or tank top, a denim or leather jacket, and high-top sneakers or boots are some popular options. Accessories like a neon sweatband, bandana, or fanny pack can also give you an 80s vibe.
Can I attend a party with an 80s theme in a suit?
Even though a suit isn’t the most typical 80s outfit, you can still make it work by adding elements that are inspired by the decade. For instance, you can wear a splendidly shaded jacket with a realistic shirt and corrosive washed pants.
What kind of footwear should I bring to a party with an 80s theme?
High-top tennis shoes, boots, or splendidly hued loafers are incredible shoe choices for a 80s-themed party. Because you’ll probably be dancing and moving around a lot, make sure you pick something that feels good on you.
Should I style my hair in an 80s style or wear a wig?
Hairdos were a major piece of 80s design, so consider styling your hair in a mullet, a spiked style, or a slicked-back look. Alternately, you can get the look of the 1980s by wearing a wig.
Could I at any point wear shades to a 80s-themed party?
Shades were a famous extra during the 80s, so wearing a couple of pilots or brilliantly hued shades can add to your outfit.