What do you usually think of when you hear the word gingham? The first thing you probably think of is a tablecloth. Same here. But, if you have noticed gingham is kind of a trendy print right now. Maybe it started becoming popular because of all the plaid shirts you see everywhere but there is actually some really cute gingham outfit ideas. It might not be something you are into but keep reading you might find a few things you like. Here are some different outfit looks on how to style gingham.
How to style gingham and not look like a tablecloth.
- Wear a pair of gingham shorts with a simple top like a blouse or button down.
- A gingham dress with a cropped leather jacket for a chic look.
- Wear a gingham shirt tucked into a long pleated skirt.
- A gingham blazer would look great with a pair of white or denim skinny jeans.
- For a casual weekend outfit, wear a gingham shirt and a pair of ripped or skinny jeans.
- A gingham flowy skirt and a simple shirt tucked in.
- Or wear a maxi skirt with a tucked in gingham shirt.
- For a great work look, wear a pair of skinny pants with your gingham shirt tucked in. You could even add a blazer and a pair of heels for a more polished look.
- Wear a pair of gingham flats with a colorful top and a pair of skinny pants.
- Gingham pants would also look great with a blazer and a pair of heels.
- Wear an adorable gingham t-shirt dress with a pair of strappy sandals or flats.
- Why not wear a gingham bathing suit for a retro look.
- A gingham shirt and denim jacket look great together.
- Or a cropped gingham top with a pair of skinny white jeans.
- An off the shoulder gingham top with a pair of shorts or skinny jeans.
- Tie a gingham plaid around your waist and were a basic white tee and a baseball cap.
- Or find a cute matching separates gingham outfit.
- And a ruffle gingham top would be so adorable with a pair of cropped pants.
photo credit: Lovely Pepa
This is such an easy and cute casual look to wear. The strappy sandals also dress up this look up a little more too.
photo credit: Extra Petite
This is a perfect look for work and the leopard flats are so cute and really make this outfit pop.
photo credit: Navy Grace
This outfit is really cute for a baseball game. Just add your favorite baseball hat and you are ready to go!
photo credit: M Loves M
This outfit is perfect for spring. The pleated skirt complements the gingham shirt perfectly.
photo credit: Memorandum
Tying your favorite gingham shirt and wearing it with a mini skirt is the perfect summer look.
photo credit: Style Pantry
A flowy gingham skirt is simply adorable worn with just a causal tank and adding a pair of shoes with a pop of color really completes this whole look.
photo credit: Atlantic-Pacific
This whole look is simply so adorable and perfect for a weekend getaway.
photo credit: Tumblr
This off the shoulder top looks really great with a skinny pair of white pants.
photo credit: The Fox and She
photo credit: Maria Bernad
This matching gingham separates outfit is really giving a vintage vibe.
photo credit: What Oliva Did
Another adorable knee-length gingham dress! This whole look is a perfect for a European vacation.
photo credit: Zaful
This gingham blouse top with a pair of denim shorts is a great look for everyday wear.
photo credit: Little Blonde Book
Love a great shirt dress and this one is so cute. The espadrille shoes are so stylish and really complete this look.
photo credit: The Posse
This two piece gingham outfit is a really stylish look for a really hot summer day. You can stay cool, still look really cute and put together.
photo credit: Gal Meets Glam
Another casual look but also really adorable with a fitted gingham shirt and a favorite pair of jeans.
photo credit: Something Navy
What a fun off the shoulder top! This would be a great outfit for a date night or a night out with the girls.
photo credit: Shopbop
You can really make a statement with a top like this!
photo credit: A Southern Drawl
You might have thought a gingham blazer would be a little too much but, by wearing white denim with a white lacy top and then by adding the blazer really just adds the right amount of color.
photo credit: Brighton the Day
This bell-sleeved top is really cute especially tied in the front and worn with a pair of skinny white jeans. A cute outfit for weekend brunch.
photo credit: Livvy Land
Another adorable off the shoulder top but wearing a pair of booties gives this outfit a little southern spin.
photo credit: Morning Lavender
These plaid gingham shorts are adorable with a simple white top.
photo credit: For All Things Lovely
You gotta love a great pantsuit! The peplum top gives this look a softer feel. The white heels are a must.
photo credit: Little Blonde Book
photo credit: What Olivia Did
Gingham pants look really sophisticated and very classic especially when worn with a simple top and a great pair of loafers, heels, or sandals.
photo credit: Belle of the Ball
This off the shoulder dress fits in all the right places and is a fun summer looks with the loafers and the straw tote bag.
photo credit: Emer Ja
This look really is perfect for a picnic and although this is a unique combo it actually goes together really nicely.
photo credit: Olivia Rink
If you love a retro bathing suit, this one is really adorable and would look great on almost any body type.
photo credit: Silvia Navarro
Adding a pop of color is a great way to style a pair of gingham pants.