How to style hair extensions, including styling tips, photos, current trends, where to shop, and more.
Extensions are a simple and effective approach to experimenting with your appearance. They instantly add volume to your hair or thicken your braids in minutes. If you’re new to hair extensions, there are a variety of styles to choose from. Follow these measures to prepare your natural hair before you start styling.
- Step 1: Blow dry your hair. When you blow-dry your natural hair, they will blend in with your extensions and appear entirely natural.
- Step 2: To keep your hair from peeking out, braid the bottom layer. You want your extensions to blend in seamlessly with your natural hair when you put them in. At the nape of your neck, gather the bottom layer of your hair and braid it. Then, flatten the braid against your head by wrapping it around itself.
- Step 3: Invest in good-quality tools and products. Make use of hair straighteners to straighten and also curl the hair to give you those waves!
- Step 4: Begin by investing in high-quality extensions. They should be a perfect match in color, be inconspicuous and comfortable, be trimmed into a style that suits you, and be simple to maintain.
- Step 5: To keep wefts from slipping, backcomb the roots of your hair. If you have thin hair, this is an important step.
Braid Hair Extensions
A good hair extension fits into almost any hairstyle. You should try to braid your hair across your head. It gives you that princess look.
The first step is to locate a hair chain. Then, with one side of your hair twisted back and straight across your head, pin it in place. Back-twist the other half of your hair and pin it to the other twist.
Serve Some Curls
Curling extensions can be done using a variety of techniques, depending on your desired curl style. Some procedures use hot tools as well as methods that do not use heat to protect your extensions.
The look is easy to achieve: take a section of hair from the front of your head, sweep it back, and tie it to the center of your scalp. The half ponytail looks great on both straight and wavy hair, and it works best on mid to long hair.
Use Accessories to Style Hair Extensions
Drawing mats, extension holders, hair clips, protection equipment, and more are all available as hair extension accessories. Don’t forget to use them to spruce up your look.
Make an Attempt at a Straight Hairstyle
The most common fallacy regarding straight hair is that it needs to be flawlessly combed and sleek all of the time, but this textured variation illustrates it differently. Spray your roots with texturizing spray and mess them up on day two or three for a completely different look and feel.
You don’t have to be a hair genius to pull off these looks. Everything gets much easier for you once you have more hair thanks to your beautiful hair extensions.