There’s a really fun hair accessory trend that’s really so easy to do and it’s hitting the blogosphere this season. Just add a hair ribbon. Yep, by adding a simple hair ribbon you can add a little style and sophistication to your whole outfit. Think french chic mixed with old Hollywood glam. You might think that this look is kinda of childish but with the right ribbon and hair style, trust me it’s really not. Here are some tips on how to style a hair ribbon.
11 easy hair tips on how to style a hair ribbon.
- The key to this whole look is keeping your outfit simple. A simple maxi dress, a crisp white blouse, a pair of shorts, and some wedges, or a cropped pair of pants. You want to achieve a chic and sophisticated look.
- This is probably one of the most inexpensive trends you can current find. You can shop for a hair ribbon at any craft store or order a beautiful Chanel inspired one on Etsy.
- You don’t want your hair ribbon to look childish so shop for either a black, silver, navy, or white. It’s your preference if you want a thick or thin hair ribbon.
- Depending on how you want your bow to look you can cut your ribbon to have long or short ends of your ribbon. Buy a few different lengths at the store so you can play around.
- Make sure you are styling your hair with a ribbon on a day that you haven’t washed your hair so that the ribbon doesn’t get loose and fall out. It needs something to hold on to. If you have just shampooed your hair then use dry shampoo. (If you need suggestions for the best dry shampoos, you can click on the link.)
- Add a few curls to your hair to give your hairstyle some volume.
- Keep your hairstyle relativity simple as well. You can do a loose half-up or full ponytail, or a low ponytail.
- You can also do a loose braid and tie the hair ribbon to the end or make a braid and twist the braid to make a chignon, the ribbon still should be at the end of the braid. Use a few bobby pins to secure. This will give your updo just a little something extra.
- For a sleek ponytail look tie your ribbon around and all the way down your ponytail.
- For a retro look, you can tie your ribbon to make it become a headband.
- Or tie your ribbon around your bun for a 50’s style look.
- If you are really into wearing braids you can also braid your ribbon into your braid.
photo credit: Isabella Thordsen
photo credit: Tumblr
photo credit: Thrifts and Threads
photo credit: Gal Meets Glam
photo credit: Tumblr
photo credit: Covetuer
photo credit: Pink Peonies
photo credit: Damsel in Dior
photo credit: Instagram