How to style mom jeans, including styling tips, photos, current trends, where to shop, and more.
A type of high-waisted jeans, mom jeans, are very popular right now. They are a little loose in the waist and thigh areas. Since they were popular in the 1980s and 1990s, they are considered vintage jeans. Mom jeans are currently back in style, and they are not only being worn by middle-aged women anymore; women of all ages are donning them, as well! Some lovely ways to wear your mom jeans have been compiled here. Having trouble buying the right pair of jeans? Please follow these tips.
- Step 1: Find the best waist size for you. Even though these jeans are meant to be snug around the waist, you don’t want them to fall off your hips or thighs. To avoid this, make sure the waistband is a good fit before purchasing.
- Step 2: Make a note of where the pocket is located and how big it is. The pockets on these jeans can make a significant difference; for example, small pockets can draw attention to the shape of your buttocks, whereas large pockets may make them less noticeable altogether.
- Step 3: Make a decision on your design style and other design details. This is dependent on the overall look you want to achieve. Do you want your mom jeans ripped, dash washed, or with tapers?
- Step 4: Choose a pleasing bottom design. Ideally, the jeans legs should be loose and comfortable, but there are many other bottom designs to choose from these days. You can choose between a cut-straight one and one with some embellishments.
- Step 5: Purchase denim that is thick and durable. Always choose high-quality jean material for its ease of care and long-lasting durability.
Blazer Jacket on Mom Jeans
You can wear this outfit to the office or to a business lunch because it is both stylish and casual in its approach to the workplace. You can pair this with boot heels, sandal heels, or sneakers to add a touch of sophistication to your look.
Boots and Graphic Tees
Wearing a graphic tee with your jeans radiates a cool and edgy vibe while remaining casual. Boots, particularly combat boots, should be worn to finish off the look.
Floral Crop Top
Crop tops paired with any high-waisted jeans look stunning. Wear a crop top with a floral design and a belt to add some finishing touches.
Wear Turtleneck with Mom Jeans
Wearing a turtleneck top with mom jeans will give you a more proportionate appearance. The stark contrast between the two makes a significant difference, resulting in a truly epic style.
You can never go wrong with any type of jeans, but mom jeans are especially versatile. Just make sure you get the proper fitting for your body type, and you’ll be good to go. Get some ideas for how to dress up your mom jeans by looking through this gallery. These looks are very easy to recreate.