How to style khaki pants, including styling tips, photos, current trends, where to shop, and more.
Khaki pants refer to beige-colored pants. The khaki material was originally used by military men in the 1880s and early 1900s. These pants are now a classy fashion piece for both men and women. See many brilliant ways to style them in this article. Although Khakis are often confused with chinos, there’s a huge difference in the material. Chinos are made out of lightweight cotton, while Khakis are made from a much stronger material. To pick out the best khaki pants, check out the following steps.
- Step 1: Opt for a modern style when picking out khakis. This depends largely on the occasion you want to wear it to. Some examples of modern styles to pick from are cargo, cuffed, uncuffed, pleated, flat iron e.t.c
- Step 2: Nail the fitting. Khakis shouldn’t be baggy, a fitted look is much better.
- Step 3: Choose one with pockets. Ideally, these pants should have four pockets. Two in front and two at the back, although modern khakis have two pockets by the side. Pockets add some bulk to the trousers.
- Step 4: Pick a nice color. Khakis now come in different colors as opposed to the traditional beige color. You could try out navy blue or a deeper shade of brown. So, when you pick a color, pick one that suits your personality and style.
- Step 5: Length. These pants shouldn’t be too long or short. The advice is that they graze the top of your shoes by 1 or 2 inches.
Wear Blazers with Khaki Pants
For a business and formal look, this combination is the bomb. It breaks away from the usual matching suit and pants look. This look not only screams “I’m ready for business”, but it also screams elegance.
Add a Denim Jacket
It’s established that the denim jacket can transform a simple outfit from zero to a hundred real quick. The versatility of the denim jacket makes it a good option to pair with khakis.
White Crop Top
The color white matches the beige color of the khaki very well. Even if you do not want the traditional beige color, a white top will still fit whatever color you wear. For ladies, a white crop top can do no wrong with your khaki pants.
Try a Black Blouse
Just like the white color, black goes on everything. A black blouse compliments the color and fitting of the khaki pants.
Wear a Casual Jacket with Khaki Pants
Meeting up with family and friends soon? This is your go-to look. A casual jacket looks effortlessly great on these pants. Are you going for this style? Be sure to pick a neutral color shirt to wear under your jacket.
Khakis are wardrobe staples just like jeans. They go with almost everything. Not only that, they fit in almost all occasions. Do not hesitate to style these timeless trousers. Start with the style suggestions in this article to make a statement.