How to style high-waisted jeans, including styling tips, photos, current trends, where to shop, and more.
When it comes to fashion, jeans are wardrobe essentials. There are many kinds of jeans. Talk of mom jeans, flare jeans, ripped jeans, you name it! Let’s talk about high-waisted jeans. They are also known as high-rise jeans. They are jeans that are above one’s hips, usually three inches above the belly button. These jeans help accentuate your figure. Before we state trendy ways to style high-rise jeans, follow these steps to pick out the right jeans for you.
- Step 1: Know your body type. This is quite important as your body type determines the type of jeans that will flatter you. For example, slender ladies should avoid flare mouth jeans. A pair of skinny jeans will be more appropriate.
- Step 2: Decide on any other design details you want. Also, bearing your figure in mind, decide if you want a bootcut, skinny, or flare jeans. Also, do you want it ripped or vintage?
- Step 3: Check out the material. Remember that jeans can stretch over time. Make sure to pick out a good denim material that can stay snug on your body even after a wash.
- Step 4: Find the perfect color. This highly depends on what you want to pair with it. Ideally, jeans should go with most tops and blazers in your wardrobe.
- Step 5: The last tip is to try them on if you can. But if you are buying online, find out about the size guide and inquire about your waist size before buying.
Combine with a Denim Jacket
Combining two wardrobe essentials is a good thing, especially when it is the classic denim on denim. To pull off this look, make sure your pair of high waist jeans are the same shade as your jacket. You can wear a camisole with a popping color under the jacket. The pop of color further helps to balance the denim on denim shade.
High Waisted Jeans with a Shirt and a Belt
This could pass for a business casual look, especially if you tuck in the shirt and add a belt. The design of the high-rise jeans also matters if you want to nail a business casual look.
Try a Crop Top
The crop top compliments the high-rise jeans very well. Although people who wear crop tops do so to showcase their trimmed abs, the high-rise jeans cover these abs. However, in turn, they accentuate your waist and showcase your curves.
High Waisted Jeans and a Tee shirt
This is the most basic of the styles. Wear your good old fitted tee-shirt with these jeans. You can add a twist by tying the tee shirt by the side or in front.
The best thing about high-rise jeans is that they match almost everything that you have in your closet. There are so many more styles to explore. Not sure where to start from? Get inspiration from the style options above and see how well you will stand out and turn heads.